Wednesday, August 27, 2008

PEPPERED PORK TENDERLOIN WITH TOMATO & MINT SALSA

Okay Candice, you've officially made me feel guilty. I don't have a picture of this, because I made this right when Candice started this blog, and we all know how well I blog. It actually is a pretty dish and the mint salsa gives it a different taste rather than just a regular salsa. I know some of you don't like onions ( I won't name any names), but you don't have to use as many and you don't have to scoop them onto your dish. Overall I was pleased with this dish. The meat for us took longer than it suggests to cook it, but both of my kids wanted more and more. It was tasty.

2 pork tenderloin (12 oz. each)
1 T. balsamic vinegar
6 T. olive oil
2 t. salt
3/4 t. fresh black pepper (I just used 1/2 t. but you can use more if you want it more peppery)

Combine vinegar with 1 T. olive oil, 1 t. salt, and pepper. Add tenderloin and cover and let sit.

4 lg. tomatoes - cored and chopped (approx. 3 cups)
1/2 C. chopped sweet onion
1 lg. garlic clove - minced
1/2 C. chopped fresh mint
1/4 C. red wine vinegar - whisk with remaining olive oil and pour over tomato mixture

Cook meat on grill or pan - medium/high heat

Hi - 3 min. on each side
Med. - 6 min. on each side

Slice and serve on warm tortillas with salsa and avocado.

3 comments:

Candice said...

YUM! I am glad I sent you on a guilt trip afterall, since it produced such a tempting recipe. Do you think this trick will work with the others? :)

Sofia's Primary Ideas said...

I hope you don't mind me visiting this site EVERYday to further prevent my children from getting food poisoning. THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!! May I spread the word to other food challenged associates of mine??

Candice said...

Please do! :)