Wednesday, February 4, 2009

White Pizza Dip


I made this easy dip for a baby shower this weekend and it was a hit. I'm not a huge fan of dips, but I couldn't get enough of this one. (I didn't take a picture, so this is a cheater shot from the cookbook.)

*1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix
1 16 oz. container sour cream (light worked fine)
1 C. ricotta cheese
1 C. shredded mozzarella cheese (I used an Italian cheese blend with good results)
1/4 C. chopped pepperoni
1 loaf Italian or French bread, sliced

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In shallow 1-quart casserole, combine soup mix, sour cream, ricotta cheese, 3/4 C. mozzarella cheese and pepperoni
2) Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 C. mozzarella cheese.
3) Bake uncovered 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with bread. Makes 3 cups of dip.

*I couldn't find this soup mix at my grocery store. I substituted one .8 oz. packet of Italian dressing mix and added garlic powder until I liked the flavor- maybe 1/2 tsp. or so. It tasted great regardless!

No comments: